Benjamin Franklin Van Dyke
Prev Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin Van Dyke Next



Comments by Bill:

These two years would have been 1884-1886.

Grandview Seminary of Learning, built in 1843. The name was changed to Grandview Normal Academy about 1856, then Eastern Iowa Normal School in 1875. The building was torn down in1922 and the city park, named Academy Park is located on the site.

(Copyright © 2005 by Bill Arnett)